The role is a Senior Python developer with Cloud experience. Reporting to the CIO and leading a small team, this is a hands-on, busy and varied role, where you get to play an integral role in the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development work stream and software engineering approaches
- Collaborate with the team to deliver a single cohesive technology environment
- Create and design for innovations and efficiencies through Automation and adopting new technologies
- Work with Internal and Sales Teams to create, develop and implement technology solutions that meet customers’ needs
- Build new AWS stacks, whilst ensuring efficiencies of the existing infrastructure
- Provide Solution Designs
- Produce agreed deliverables within quality, scope, time, and budget tolerances
- Work in alignment with the broader program, including Agile project development methodologies.
- Support various non-production environments so they can be scaled fast and be easily observable
- Providing technical leadership, coaching and mentoring across the team and organization
- Ensure solutions are cost optimized and efficient
Key experience required:
- Strong Application and Design Development experience
- Understanding Multi-processing / Multi-threading will be important
- Understanding of AWS environment and experience in delivering cloud-based solutions
- Experience in high volume processing using Lambda functions and pipelines
- Ability to translate specifications and implement code changes and create new applications
- Actively participate in the design of new solutions
- Requires experience on the Dev side rather than the Ops side. However, due to a complete application development experience, candidates will have exposure to the Ops side of things as well.
- We use Docker for our test environments and Flask for API development.
General experience required:
- Min 10+ years in IT
- Min 5+ years in software development
- Min 5+ years in a Team Leadership role
- Strong Experience with well-known programming and scripting languages such as Python, C++
- Strong Experience with Python frameworks like Flask for API development
- Strong experience in supporting highly available production systems in cloud-based environments, preferably AWS
- Strong experience with AWS services like Kinesis, Lambda, EC2, Fargate, RDS, DocumentDB/Mon
- AWS Certification is desirable
- Experience with build and deployment tools to implement CI/CD preferably Bitbucket
- Experience working in a DevOps role
- Experience working with microservices and containers (Docker, AWS ECR)
- Experience working with streaming services like RabbitMQ, MQTT, SNS, etc.
- Linux System Administration background is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with and deliver multiple projects and manage multiple stakeholders at the same time